In the modern society highly internationalized and globalized, we think that we need human resources who are, with a wide field of view, capable of finding out and giveing solutions to today’s social issues. Therefore, with a motto as “Self-Finding & Self-Thinking " and for the purpose to "Cultivate the Qualities for Internationalized People", our school has been carrying out SGH program.
Only high schools who are capable of cultivating human resources with capacity of finding out and giving solutions to the issues in the global society, so to bring up students to be the leader in the global business world, cooperating with the domestic universities as main, private firms and/or international organizations, can be designated as “Super Global High School”. And said designated schools will, for 5 years, carry out their subjects and researches in accordance with every theme, so as to support their students for their vital activities.
"Human Security" will be taken up as a global issue and the theme will be tackled for discussion concerned with peace and human rights.After making plans to survive the rapidly changing era, we will perform multilateral and complex studies on peace, then perceive the meaning of relationship through exchanges with other people, and finally to lead ourselves to actual social contribution works.Through research activities with cooperation of the plural courses and subjects, we will support students for their independent studies, and help them obtain and strengthen knowledge, motivation, negotiation/communication skills.
To achieve the purpose of the previous year, we have set up 5 programs as our core.
In all subjects the “collaboration” and the “active learning” have become the keywords.
1. The World in 2050 (knowledge/communication) Connected lessons in modern society and English language class.
To analyze the future world and study for the solutions of the problem.
2. Project Hiroshima (knowledge/communication/action) Connected lessons in modern society, English language, modern writing and information. From a view point of nuclear weapons, peace, history and culture, to study deeply and widely on Hiroshima.
3. Wars and Conflicts (knowledge/communication) As a summary of learning about peace, to search for the reality of the challenges and to try to find the solutions.
4. School Excursion Project (knowledge/action) Focusing on Chugoku and Kyushu Areas, to perform the related pre-post study and the exchanges with local people.
5. Social Justice (knowledge/communication/action) Of the social justice as the theme, to think about the issues related with domestic and international human rights and try to find the solutions.